PBIS - Billie Spirit
Pleasant Hill Elementary is proud to have Positive Behavior Interventions and Support (PBIS) as one of our school wide goals.
PBIS is a system approach to building the capacity of schools to educate all students. It is based on the idea that when students are taught clearly defined behavioral expectations and provided with positive corrective responses to behavior, 85-95% of students will meet those expectations. Those needing additional assistance are provided with more support.
There are three components to our PBIS system:
- School-wide systems to establish a positive culture.
- Classroom systems that blend academic and behavioral expectations.
- Individual student supports for those students needing the most intense behavior support needs.
- Come to school on time and ready for your best start of a fresh day.
- Use school equipment appropriately.
- Follow adult's directions.
- Be sure to bring all your homework and supplies to class.
- Set a good example for other students.
- Use appropriate language.
- Say good morning to your fellow billies.
- Hold the door for the person behind you.
- Use zero voice in the hallways.
- Walk straight to where you are expected.
- Always walk in school.
- Hands and feet to self.
- Use crosswalks and sidewalks.
Need to report someone being disrespectful ? Please download the following form, fill it out, and return to the office.