August 12, 2021
Dear Pleasant Hill Families:
I am hoping you’re enjoying a wonderful, relaxing summer! It seems like only yesterday school was letting out for summer break after celebrating a successful school year filled with many challenges. Last year was a year of transitions ranging from distance learning to in-person learning. I want to say thank you to all of our families for being flexible and understanding.
This year, we will be offering in-person only learning five days a week, Monday – Friday as charged by the Governor’s office. Our school day will be 8:00-2:15 p.m. except for Early Release Fridays, 8:00 – 1:25 p.m. The staff and I are busy preparing for the upcoming school year.
As you have read in the Superintendent’s summer updates, the Governor directed the Oregon Department of Education (ODE) and the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) to write a rule, OAR 333-019-1015, requiring face coverings in all indoor school settings. As of August 12, 2021, staff, students, volunteers and guests must wear masks inside the school during the school day and at events held within the school such as our upcoming Meet and Greet the Teacher event August 30th.
Students will not be required to wear masks when eating or drinking inside the school, during recess or designated mask breaks outside. In addition, whenever classroom teachers elect to do activities outside, students will not be required to wear masks.
First Student will once again be our transportation provider for Pleasant Hill School District. As ordered by the CDC, January 29, 2021, all students and bus drivers must wear a mask on school buses, including buses operated by both
public and private school systems.
First Student will be designing routes-based on information you entered on either Spring Registration or New Student Registration paperwork. First Student will be reaching out to all families with information regarding your student’s pick-up and drop-off times.
Student registration is open for all new and returning families, who have not re-enrolled their student yet. You can find the registration link at www.pleasanthill.k12.or.us. Click the side quick link “Online Student Registration Info.”
Postcards indicating your child’s teacher for the 2021-22 school year will be mailed August 16th. If you do not get a postcard in the mail by August 20th, please call our office to verify your student’s enrollment, as postcards are only sent to students who are enrolled for the 2021-22 school year.
Open House, August 30th:
Mark your calendars and plan to attend our annual “Meet and Greet the Teacher” Open House, August 30, 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. This is a great opportunity for you and your child to:
- Meet the teacher and visit the classroom
- Drop off school supplies
- Talk with our transportation department regarding bus schedules, if you have not received
- a phone call.
- Checkout other programs such as PTO, DI, PHEF, etc.
First Day of School:
The first day of school is Tuesday, August 31st. School instruction begins promptly at 8:00 a.m. and will end at 2:15 p.m.
- All buses will enter and exit the campus via Enterprise Road. We ask that you do not park in the bus loop, the gravel area by the district office, or exit the school campus by the baseball field.
- Students will be dropped off along the side of the cafeteria entering the campus via a large gate at the back of the cafeteria, only open during bus times.
Parent Drop Off / Pick-up:
- Students may be dropped off as early as 7:50 a.m.
- Students arriving by car need to be dropped off:
- K-1 students in the first horseshoe in front of the office.
- 2-3 students in the 2nd horseshoe in front of the library
- 4-5 students in the 3rd horseshoe in front of the community center.
***Please plan to drop off and pick-up all of your children at the same location of the youngest student in the household.
- If you elect to walk your student to class, you will need to park your car, as cars are not to be left unattended in front of the school in case of an emergency. Also, you will need to wear a mask into the building.
- Upon entering the building, you will be given a visitor’s pass to wear while in the building.
- All meals, Breakfast and Lunch, will be served this year free of charge to all students. As a family, you may choose to have your students eat at school or send a daily lunch.
I look forward to seeing you and your child August 30th, 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. at our annual “Meet and Greet the Teacher”
Open House. If you have any questions before school starts, please feel free to call our office, 541-736-0400, between
7:30 – 4:00 p.m. daily.
Devery Stoneberg, Principal